The Parliamentary Librarian is in-charge of the Library.
The Main objectives of the Library include:-
- Collecting, assembling and maintaining a satisfactory collection of material relevant to the work of the Parliament.
- Maintaining an effective system for access to these materials,
- Maintaining an effective system of disseminating information to Members of Parliament and other authorised users of the Library including Staff of the Parliamentary Service,
- Maintaining links with libraries and other relevant bodies both in Papua New Guinea and abroad for sharing of information,
- Assisting library users to locate required information with ease and convenience,
- Conducting research and coordinating research activities carried out on behalf of Parliament on various subject matters required by the Parliament and Members, and
- Perform any other responsibilities consistent with the roles and functions of the Parliamentary Service pertaining to the collection and dissemination of information.
P O Parliament House, WAIGANI, N.C.D. Port Moresby
Ground Floor- A Block
Ph: +675 3277477
Fax: +675 3277480